At the moment, my regular giving looks like this:
- Wood Green Animal Shelter (started supporting whilst living in London)
- Dogs Trust (since I like dogs but can’t provide the kind of care a dog needs)
- British Red Cross (disaster relief)
- Patronage of a talented artist friend
My donations total ~£60/month. That means about £720/annum, plus the ~£200 I give over the winter holiday period. Other organisations that I give to on a one-off basis include:
- Mind (UK-based mental health charity)
- Medecins Sans Frontieres (disaster relief)
- Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
I’m thinking of replacing BRC with MSF for my regular disaster-relief monthly donation, and adding Mind to the monthly donation roster. I might also replace Wood Green with a more local animal shelter, if someone can recommend a worthy one in the Midlands.
I’d like to support, if possible, UK-based and local (e.g. West Midlands) organisations. I’d also like to support creative people in my online network. I won’t be able to give more than about £100/month, so none of these are going to be huge individual contributions, but hopefully I can help.
Please can you share with me potential organisations or individuals that you find worthy of support? I’ve screened all comments by default. If you’re comfortable with me unscreening your advice, please let me know.
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/940711.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.