- Walking down the red carpet at the very last Harry Potter movie premiere to the sound of deafening screaming.
- Diagon Alley set up along the red carpet path from Trafalgar Square to Leicester Square. Photos with owls and Death-Eaters.
- All the scenes in the film with Snape.
- Walking into the afterparty in Billingsgate, which is a massive venue and being greeted with a glass of champagne.
- Viewing from the upper level the big bubbling cauldron decorations, the chocolate fountain (mmm strawberries) and the sweet stand.
- Meeting the three Davids (the producers) and the director as well as a large chunk of the visual effects staff.
- Getting up the courage to ask Alan Rickman for an autograph.
- Being very glad that my future happiness was in no way predicated on being at that event, which, I sensed, was not the prevailing sentiment.
Nevertheless, it certainly felt like a privilege to be in attendance at the premiere, and I was drawn into the film emotionally much more than I expected to be. Behind the cut are a lot of photos from my crappy phone camera and a few scans (e.g. of my ticket). I hope they convey a sense of what it was like to be there.
( Walk the red carpet with me.Collapse )