Narcissus sp. (tete-a-tete)
Felis domestica aka Helpful Cat Iz Helpful
Hyacinth? not planted by us.
Puschkinia scilloides var. libanotica
Blokus & Felis
Felis domestica var. saepe aka Fencecat
Our garden is a hive of activity at the moment, and not just when we're in it weeding, digging, planting or painting the shed. We've confirmed the presence of the following species in our pond, all of which have their attentions divided between stuffing their faces and reproducing. Mostly reproducing at the moment.
- Frogs (Pelophylax, green, uncertain which variants)
- Common toad (Bufo bufo)
- Common newt (Lissotriton vulgaris)
- Golden tench (Tinca Cuvier tinca, introduced by us)
- Blue orfe (Leuciscus idus, introduced by us)
- Water snails (Lymnae sp.)
I've always liked observing flora and fauna, but I've never been so methodical about it before. The bloke has learned most of the Latin genera and species for common plants and trees in Britain. We're just beginning to do the same for birds, amphibians and mammals.