|New Year's Resolution
Mad Scientess Jane Expat
I rang in the New Year by standing on Primrose Hill and watching the fireworks at the London Eye with a bottle of champagne in one hand and a cigarette in the other. It rained (of course!), my shoes were soaked and muddy and I mangled the words to "Auld Lang Syne". In a ludicrously improbable way, it was fantastic. I'd like to declare achieving more moments like that to be my resolution for 2008, but the trouble is, it's impossible to plan improbably good times. Anyway. I'll do my best.
- Speak to my parents more frequently. It makes us all happier.
- Visit at least two more European countries. (Italy is later this month.)
- Cull possessions. (I don't have a lot that I don't use, but it needs to go. I want to travel as lightly as possible.)
- Paint, paint, paint. Weigh up options for having studio space.
- Spend less time faffing around on the internet. (Just kidding.)