- After your first language, what language would you most like to learn? (Say first language too)
My first language is English. For most of my earlier life, especially early adulthood, I would have wanted to learn Tagalog. (The story of me not learning or being taught to speak Tagalog or Ilocano is too depressing a subject for this post.) I have a passable knowledge of Spanish, and so it would be easiest to dedicate myself to attaining fluency in it.
- Does your country have a second language? What is it?
Neither of my countries has an official first language, and hence cannot have an official second language. However, the de facto first language of both is English. The de facto second language of one country is Spanish, and of the other, either Scots or Polish, I'd imagine.
- How many languages can you count to 5 in? To 10 in? List them.
I can count to five from memory in English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch. To ten: English, Spanish and German.
- What is the first overseas country you visited? And from where? (ie/ timbuctoo to mars)
The first overseas country I ever visited was the UK, from the USA.
- What country do you most want to visit? And why?
To be honest, I've been extremely lucky to visit quite a lot of countries I've wanted to see over the course of my life. If I were told tomorrow that I couldn't see any more new ones, I would be sad, but not devastated. I'd quite like to go to Norway (this is a holdover from being a Roald Dahl fan and reading Boy at a formative age). I also want to go to the Philippines. I'd like to go with my dad, but I think he still may not want to go back.
This entry was originally posted at https://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1125135.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.