The not-so-great thing about having a sister-out-law who is a spooky/goth type is...actually no, there are no down sides in this scenario.
Anyway, spooky/goth sister-out-law gave the children "The Call of Cthulhu", children's book edition, for Christmas this year. They didn't pay exceptional attention to it then, being inundated with new books at the time.
However, the bloke picked it out for bedtime reading a few nights ago, and Keiki has become completely obsessed with it. He carries it around, and pores over it on the car journeys to and from pre-school.
Here is a selection of the questions I was asked this morning. I was on my own as the bloke had gone to London for a one-day meeting.
- Mummy, how many baby Cthulhus are there?
- Mummy, why does Cthulhu like killin' people?
- Mummy, are there any nice Cthulhus?
- Mummy, why does Cthulhu want to rule the universe?
- Mummy, how was Cthulhu born?
- Mummy, since Cthulhu lives in the sea, is he friends with the sharks?
- Mummy, why does Cthulhu have wings if he spends all his time in the ocean?
Answers on a postcard. Or in the comments, please.
This entry was originally posted at https://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1237244.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.