|Day 21/365: Friday Five on a Sunday
Mad Scientess Jane Expat
This is a particularly random selection of questions.
- Where did you grow up and do you miss it? I grew up in Hawai’i, Washington (state) and California. I miss them all at various times. Probably Hawai’i the most. Although if I had to move back to the USA tomorrow, I would go to San Diego.
- Which are your three favorite words in the dictionary and why? My favourite three-word sentence in English is “I love you.” My favourite three-word sentence in Spanish is “Vaya con Dios.”* I realise I’m not exactly answering the question here but I found it tiresome trying to come up with a rationale for liking three random words.
- What is a vegetarian dish that you really like?
Lentil dal. SO GOOD.
- What do you do when you have a misunderstanding with your friend?
Try to communicate until it is no longer a misunderstanding? Then, if it is a source of conflict, try to resolve the conflict. If this is not possible, try to find a workaround. Unless the source of conflict is something so fundamentally contrary to my core beliefs that it is better to cut ties.
- What do you daydream about?
Having enough time and money to help all the people I would like to. Also, sexytiems. But not simultaneously.
* The back story to this is that one of my exes had a sort of auntie, a wonderful woman without an ounce of malice in her soul, who would murmur this whenever someone did something dreadful (on television, whilst she was driving, in a story, etc). As far as I could tell, this was her substitute for swearing at people or about the state of the world. The thing that got me about it was that she always sounded completely sincere when she said it. She wanted them to go with God, and do better. Her generosity of spirit was awe-inspiring, and that phrase embodied it. I try to remember to use it. I usually fail.
This entry was originally posted at https://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1123570.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.