|Friday Five: Fashionista
Mad Scientess Jane Expat
- What is the most outrageous style you've ever rocked?
Probably this one:
(That's me in 2003, wearing a green vest, black trousers & boots, sunglasses and very long dreadlocks. I'm carrying the tiny metal box that functioned as my handbag in those days.)
- As a teen, were you an emo, goth, punk, grunger, or prep?
As a young teen, I was trending toward goth, but I didn't go full rivethead until I was at university.
- Have you ever had a crazy hairstyle/colour?
I have worn unnatural shades of hair colour: green, blue and purple. I don't really think of dreadlocks as "crazy".
- Do you think we ever really grow out of our teen selves?
Um, yes, definitely. Thank GOODNESS.
- Is there any fashion style you wish you could wear but maybe don't have the confidence?
I would definitely love to be a bit more goth/rivet still. It's not that I lack the confidence, it's that I don't have the time, the money or the energy to maintain the look. I spend what resources I do have on my kids' wardrobes, not my own. Also, it would be pretty incongruous at my work, which is small-c conservative.
Questions are from the thefridayfive community.
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1098259.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.