- I hatched a CP1300+ Magmar! My only previous encounter with a Magmar was in London, when I was still quite low level. It was CP13 and although it came with a lot of candy (for some reason) it was nowhere near enough to power it up to a usable level. So it was exciting to get this one, as I’ve been able to put it to use in the gym. It’s currently residing in a local gym, earning me stardust & Pokécoins.
- I discovered a nearby gym has been taken over by a large group from Team Mystic. So I battled up its prestige enough to pop in my CP1600+ Gyarados, and it’s actually been there for almost a week. I’ve never had a Pokémon in a gym for more than about two hours, so this is really exciting.
- I HATCHED A VULPIX FROM A 5KM EGG. Now I understand what recessional is on about. :D So lovely.
- I had thought I wouldn’t use my Spreadsheet of Evolve again until Level 25, but my monitoring shows I already have 39 evolutions available and I’m only halfway through Level 22. As I’m unlikely to gain XP very quickly over the next few weeks without my regular London trips, I shall probably use my second Lucky Egg somewhere on my journey from 22 to 25.
- I’m very close to maxing out the Bug Catcher and Psychic medals. My most pathetic medal is still the Rocker, since I have caught a grand total of three Electric-type Pokémon.
- I’m already 379 Magikarp candies on my way to my second Gyarados. So. Many. Magikarp. I wish I could trade my Magikarp for some Eevees. Or Meowths. Or Geodudes.
- Since arriving in the USA for a holiday, I have caught an Ekans and a Growlithe. I had thought the former was some kind of poo-joke-Pokémon from its shadow, but it makes sense that it’s a snake now that I see it. The latter has me enchanted, and now I want whatever a Growlithe evolves into. I’ve never even seen a shadow of one before.
- The first egg that I got from a US-ian Pokéstop was a 10k. It went straight into an incubator and I am absurdly excited about hatching it.
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1043776.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.