|21 questions about Dreamwidth/journalling (h/t to silveradept)
Mad Scientess Jane Expat
- Why did you sign up for Dreamwidth? I signed up during the Great Migration from LJ to DW. It was billed to me as an improved version in terms of functionality, friendliness and activity, and that has 100% proven to be the case. Being able to import my entire backlog of (then-eight-years' worth) entries and carry on mirroring everything through cross-posting has been a godsend.
- Why did you choose your journal name? I've been using nanila as an alias for about ten years, I think? Before that (1996-ish to about 2005) I used lilith.
My journal title comes from Good Omens. It's the description of Crowley, An Angel Who Did Not So Much Fall As Saunter Vaguely Downward.
- Do you crosspost? Why or why not? Yes, I still cross-post to LJ. There are a precious few people on LJ who have never left, and I don't want to lose touch with them.
- What do you do online when you're not on DW? Work. Shopping. Twitter. Gaming.
- How about when you're not on the computer? Mostly, parenting! Of both small humans and furry creatures. Also, I like running, gardening, drinking wine/whisky and tinkering with gizmos.
- What do you wish people who read your journal knew about you? I suspect those who read my journal regularly and have access to non-public postings probably know as much as they would like about me. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that!
- What is your favorite community on Dreamwidth? I love awesomeers and common_nature.
- What community do you wish was more active? I miss when capslock_dreamwidth, flaneurs and multibeautiful were more active.
- Are there two people on your reading list that you think should meet? There'd be quite a bit of overlap in a Venn diagram of my Circle's Circles. But I think two who haven't met who would get along well are forthwritten and quoththeravyn.
- Tell me about your default icon. This has been my default icon for twelve years. It was created for me by belasco from a test shot I took with my laptop camera, back when I had dreads.
- What features do you think Dreamwidth should have that it doesn't currently? Scheduled posting.
- What do you consider the five most "telling" interests from the list on your profile? "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "magnetometers", "harbouring secret ambitions", "digitizing memories" and "overcoming irrational superstition".
- Do you have any unique interests on your user profile? What are they? How'd they get there? Several. Most are related to my work.
- Did you have a gateway fandom? Still in it? Why or why not? Is there a community for it on DW? I'm not a terribly fannish person, and I didn't get into journalling because of fandom. But I guess the first fandom I was interested in was Lord of the Rings.
- What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination? Pokémon Go and Neko Atsume. I adore collecting games, and these satisfy me aesthetically as well.
- What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about? I did a terrible job of blogging our trip to Iceland in 2010. I have a lot of regrets about that. I did finally go through the photos and make a book for my parents & the bloke, but I never wrote it up properly. Spoiler: It was absolutely amazing
- How many people on your reading list do you know IRL? I thought it was about half, but then I counted up and it turns out to be less than a quarter!
- What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy? Romantic relationships (too personal). Specifics about my work (not permitted).
- Any questions from the audience? Er?
- Yes, but what are your thoughts on yaoi? I...don't have any? Sorry!
- What's your favorite thing about Dreamwidth? The positive nature of the interactions in the community. Everyone seems to make a genuine effort to be accepting of, kind to, and understanding of one another. I enjoy that very much.
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1040425.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.