|Pokémon Go: Week 2
Mad Scientess Jane Expat
If you are confused, frightened by or indifferent to Pokémon Go, please do feel free to skip this entry. If, however, you are delighted, obsessed by or also wish to share your enjoyment of Pokémon Go, then read on!
- I read this guide which claimed that levelling up "slowed down considerably after Level 20". My experience is that levelling up has slowed considerably since Level 15. Unless you live in the middle of a city in a thicket of gyms and Pokéstops, then you're a bit stuffed when it comes to earning XP, because it takes ages to do it just by catching Pokémon, especially when you've already caught most of the common ones.
- I have amassed 307 of the necessary 400 Magikarp candies needed to evolve a Magikarp. SOON, my friends. SOON.
- No one will be surprised to hear that the first medal I've maxed out on is the "Swimmer", for catching water-based Pokémon. Huzzah for living next to a canal.
- I'm saving up all my Evolves for when I reach Level 20 and receive another Lucky Egg.
- I have thus far failed to catch a Wartortle (at Euston Station) and a Koffing, which appeared suddenly in the corridor outside my office. The latter was quite appropriate because the corridor is currently a building site. All the doors are being repainted, the flooring has been ripped up and the overhead lighting is currently a string of naked bulbs.
- The failure to catch the Wartortle resulted in my most frivolous impulse purchase in years. I am now the owner of an external battery, which I bought because I wanted so much to continue playing while I waited for my train home.
- I have finally been to a Pokégym. I enjoyed it. It's pretty low-ability-threshold button-mashing, and also rewarding if you can put a Pokémon in the gym because you get free Stardust and Pokécoins out of it. I still don't think I'm going to do it much, though.
- Pokéwalks for the purposes of hatching eggs, OTOH, are the best. I have had the most fun wandering around, periodically catching Pokémon, and seeing what pops out of the incubator at the end. Geodude! Charmander! Sandshrew! Nidoran! And the funniest one by far, the Mankey.
- Yesterday I hatched a Meowth. Yesterday was the best Pokéday ever.
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1039192.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.