Mad Scientess Jane Expat
|[||Tags|||||loony fangirl, radio, review||]|
|[||the weather today is
|||||super-late to the party||]|
|[||with a hint of
|||||but on the off-chance there's someone later...||]|
The bloke and I been listening to this adorable radio series since it started re-running on BBC Radio 4 Extra a couple of months ago.
Written by John Finnemore, it features four people who crew a private airline. They get up to hilarious hijinks whilst flying bonkers passengers around the world. The voice actors are people whom you just might recognise:
- Owner and Operator of MJN Air, Mother, Architect of Adventure: Carolyn Knapp-Shappey, voiced by Stephanie Cole (also known from TV series Open All Hours and Doc Martin, amongst many others)
- First Officer, Sarcastronaut: Douglas Richardson, voiced by Roger Allam (I know he is a srs thespeean but I will always think of him as Mannion from The Thick of It)
- Flight Attendant, Momma’s Boy, Dogsbody: Arthur Shappey, voiced by John Finnemore
- Aeroplane: Gertie, who forebears silently the antics of her crew, and finally,
- Captain, Fastidious Fusspot, Target Practice for Douglas: Martin Crieff, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch (who’s been in some stuff lately that a few people on the internet are mildly fannish about).
Anyway, the plots are ridiculous, the dialogue is wonderful and you should listen to it on iPlayer Radio (Currently re-running Series 2, available everywhere in Europe, not sure about outside though). You can also purchase it from AudioGo on CD or as MP3 downloads (it’s on my
Christmas Non-Sectarian Festival Holiday list).
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/900170.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.