|Pokémon Go: Week 6
Mad Scientess Jane Expat
The usual squee is most welcome in the comments.
- I hatched a CP1300+ Magmar! My only previous encounter with a Magmar was in London, when I was still quite low level. It was CP13 and although it came with a lot of candy (for some reason) it was nowhere near enough to power it up to a usable level. So it was exciting to get this one, as I’ve been able to put it to use in the gym. It’s currently residing in a local gym, earning me stardust & Pokécoins.
- I discovered a nearby gym has been taken over by a large group from Team Mystic. So I battled up its prestige enough to pop in my CP1600+ Gyarados, and it’s actually been there for almost a week. I’ve never had a Pokémon in a gym for more than about two hours, so this is really exciting.
- I HATCHED A VULPIX FROM A 5KM EGG. Now I understand what recessional is on about. :D So lovely.
- I had thought I wouldn’t use my Spreadsheet of Evolve again until Level 25, but my monitoring shows I already have 39 evolutions available and I’m only halfway through Level 22. As I’m unlikely to gain XP very quickly over the next few weeks without my regular London trips, I shall probably use my second Lucky Egg somewhere on my journey from 22 to 25.
- I’m very close to maxing out the Bug Catcher and Psychic medals. My most pathetic medal is still the Rocker, since I have caught a grand total of three Electric-type Pokémon.
- I’m already 379 Magikarp candies on my way to my second Gyarados. So. Many. Magikarp. I wish I could trade my Magikarp for some Eevees. Or Meowths. Or Geodudes.
- Since arriving in the USA for a holiday, I have caught an Ekans and a Growlithe. I had thought the former was some kind of poo-joke-Pokémon from its shadow, but it makes sense that it’s a snake now that I see it. The latter has me enchanted, and now I want whatever a Growlithe evolves into. I’ve never even seen a shadow of one before.
- The first egg that I got from a US-ian Pokéstop was a 10k. It went straight into an incubator and I am absurdly excited about hatching it.
This entry was originally posted at http://nanila.dreamwidth.org/1043776.html. The titration count is at .0 pKa.
Love your pokemon posts so much <3
I hope you get a Tauros while here. Fingers crossed!
I think I've seen the evolved Growlithes in Gyms. WANT.
Oh wow about the week in the gym. Never managed anything alike - I once drove all the way to a state park Cemetery and battled up one of the gyms there and managed to stay there over a night (likely because I was there pretty late already and who goes to cemeteries at night, even if they are big historic landmarks?) but that was it ... And today morning I did not even manage to walk the 100m between two gyms before someone starting taking down the one where I just put my 2k Snorlax into - on top of three other 1.5k pokemon. And I do not even enjoy gyms, I just like shiny poke coins because I can see my incubators coming to an end before I get the next extra one.
But on the other hand: it's kind of cool to have so many people playing. We all exchange furtive smiles, especially the older players.
I don't have Eevies or Meowths or Geodudes to offer, but I would totally trade half of my Drowzees for Magikarp. I like Hypnos, but I already have an army.
[eda:] Also, on Sunday, sitting in front of the Aquarium - and there was a whole family, mum, dad, three sons (I'd say 14 to 7), a daughter (something like 4?) playing, all very excited about every pokemon which appeared. So, so, so cute.
Edited at 2016-08-30 04:23 am (UTC)
I didn't get a Tauros. :( I saw its shadow a lot, but couldn't track it down.
Definitely want an evolved Growlithe! Didn't catch enough to evolve one, sadly.
Agreed on the purpose of gyms. I only ever attempt to use them when I know I can easily pop in a Pokémon and claim the stardust and coins.
I love seeing families go by all Pokémon-ing. Saw it loads in SF.
I was very very pleased to catch two Tauroses while in the US, one of which was, at the time, my most powerful Pokemon (c. 700).
Ooh, congratulations! I didn't manage to catch one, sadly. But I can't complain because I caught a load of other new stuff.
It has been so hot that I haven't been able to go walking around for 95% of the time I've played Pokémon :) I am slowly playing still but I haven't hatched an egg in two weeks.
Oof. I hope it cools off enough for you to have the pleasure of egg-hatching soon.